Please check the “COVID19 Dance Cancellation” tab above for the latest club information on dances and cancellations.
Dear NORTEX Family,
During March, we experienced an unprecedented time for square & round dancing and clogging as dances and lessons were cancelled due to the COVID-19 virus. As our nation and state saw increased numbers of confirmed virus cases, we were told to “shelter in place”, maintain social/personal distance of 6 feet, and “no gatherings greater than 10 people” escalated to “no gatherings”. Our society continues in this “stay at home” environment as we enter April. Many of the various lessons listed in the April Promenade may have been cancelled or postponed; please contact the appropriate phone number for updated lessons information. Prior to attending any advertised dance in April, please refer to the NORTEX Website (nortex.org) COVID19 Dance Cancellations menu item, or contact the club. The NORTEX Website is updated nightly by 10:00 PM if your NORTEX President has received notification by clubs of cancellations.
We know that dancing in North Texas will return; we just don’t know when. However, NORTEX will continue to publish the monthly Promenade. With the publishing of the Promenade in mind, the annual renewal information has been mailed to each club president. All clubs and club members will need to renew their dues for the July 2020 – June 2021 year. Please return the membership list and payment of dues to the NORTEX Secretary by May 1, 2020. This date is set in the NORTEX Bylaws so there is enough time for the database to be brought up to date and ensure all members will receive their July Promenade. Remember that only the members listed in the July database will receive that Promenade.
We are experiencing unprecedented uncertainty in our lives. In these uncertain times, we must expect changes in our normal dance (and non-dance) routines:
- Postponed and rescheduled event dates may have to be moved again as we receive updated mandates from our nation, state, counties, and cities.
- The NORTEX/NTCA Benefit Dance, originally scheduled for March 22, was rescheduled to May 31.
- The NORTEX Quarterly Business Meeting, set for April 19, 2020, will most likely be postponed. At this time, no specific reschedule date has been set.
- The 69th National Square Dance Convention, which had been scheduled for June 17-20, 2020, in Spokane, Washington, has been cancelled.
- State primaries and runoff elections have been cancelled or postponed to later dates.
Although most “stay at home” mandates were originally set to expire prior to Easter, these mandates may be extended. We don’t know when we will be back dancing, but….
Continue to maintain the dancers’ positive attitude; contact your friends, and stay in touch with your club. Be of good cheer and trust in God to see us through these challenging times.
May each of you share in the renewal that Easter promises.
Blessed is the life that finds joy in the journey.